Saturday, February 8, 2014
Tricks to staying fit always.
Hey guys,how's the weekend going?...great I hope...mine's boring as usual though...any thoughts on how to spice it up??
Most women around the globe seem to struggle with their weight, we are constant victims of fluctuating weight..its all completely normal and nothing to make you feel bad or depressed about. For someone like me who isn't a size zero, likes food and has the tendency to get fat, 'weight watching' is something I'm used to. One myth most people have about 'dieting' is that its a process u have to do just to get the weight off...big lie!!! One thing I've come to realise over the years, is that maintaining a healthy weight should be a lifestyle, something that is inbuilt, just like u know you are supposed to brush every morning. Its not something you just do whenever you feel you've gotten fat.
For me, these tricks have helped me maintain my weight
1. Drink lots of water; switch those calorie filled drinks like coke, fanta, milk drinks, alcohol, for water, the benefits of water in maintaining weight cannot be over-emphasised. Or simply reduce your intake of these drinks to at least once a week or once in two weeks...
2. Eat Hot and Spicy foods: this is another wonderful trick that works for me. I like to eat meals that are hot and a bit spicy. When you eat a meal that's hot you tend to eat slower, thereby allowing food particles to be broken down properly for easy digestion. Spicy(pep perish)foods make u drink more water, thereby allowing you to eat a smaller quantity of food.
3. Drink water before a meal: this helps to reduce the quantity of food you eat because you get fuller quickly
4. Eat a lot of vegetables: my mum gives me this look when I take soup alone..but its important at times. the beauty of our local soups is lost when we pile on the 'swallow' eg. eba, akpu, semo, fufu etc. The soups that go along with these foods are usually rich enough in all the nutrients u need that u don't need to eat large amounts of these. Try eating a plate of efo-riro without 'swallow' and see if it isn't okay for a single meal. Add vegetable, fruits salads to your diet.
5. Snack healthily: okay..I know I'm crazy about cookies, I pretty much know every biscuit around, but I always try to incorporate fruits, nuts. into my snack pack, instead of snacking on chocolates, pastries, sweets, ice-cream all the time, i try to eat fruits like bananas, pineapples, apples, oranges, water-melon and the likes. Fruits are antioxidants among other wonderful benefits they provide...snack on fruits!!!
6. Avoid Fried foods..please avoid fried foods as much as possible, high cholesterol level isn't something we want, please bake, steam, boil or grill your food..
7. Exercise no matter how little, I try to be active in any lil way I can. I'll keep stressing on the need for exercise, its very vital for proper functioning of the body and weight loss and weight maintenance isn't far from its benefits, try simple aerobic exercises like skipping, walking, jogging, running, also yoga, pilates..etc before proceeding to other forms of strenuous exercise.
I hope these tricks are useful???